We are looking for a semi-skilled Fitter who is confident working in the public domain on retail projects which vary from small works, to being part of a team on full store high profile fit outs. Previous experience in retail environments is not essential however you will ideally have 3-5 years of experience in site joinery, fixture installation or trade fitting work.
The scope and hours can vary from one day to the next, from changing and installing brand graphics, window displays, shop-in-shop areas, airport duty free installations and clients showrooms, to site removals, dilapidation works on old sites and working as part of a team with other Senior Skilled Fitters.
We need a team player who can bring ability to the job but it’s also paramount you can follow instructions from our Senior Fitters who will lead projects and be instrumental in your further development within the role.
It is important that projects are delivered on time and to the high standard of quality expected by our clients. Therefore, working efficiently, with good time management, decision-making and following all health & safety processes are essential.
Based at our Lutterworth logistics’ site (LE17), you will be working with other members of the d4r team and sometimes other external contractors on projects both in the UK and occasionally overseas.
The ideal candidate will be someone who takes pride in maintaining high standards of workmanship and being a part of one the best design agencies in the UK, executing some amazing work at retail.
- Have a proven technical and a practical understanding of working with a variety of materials.
- Have a keen eye for detail to ensure quality workmanship.
- Have undergone NVQ level health and safety training with a basic awareness of CDM requirements.
- Be a good team player and work well with other people, being able to learn and be managed by Seniors.
- Be honest, trustworthy and punctual.
- Speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Hold a full UK driving license (not more than 3 points)
- Should hold CSCS card.
- STSMS qualification for Site Management is an advantage, but not essential.
- Be at least 21 years old.
About the role:
- The role is full time and paid hourly.
- The contract includes a basic rate for 37.5 hours weekdays, but this comes with a flexible working framework managed by the Head of Installations.
- Plus, overtime for hours outside of the basic, which are a regular necessity of the role and involve regular evening work, sometimes night shifts and weekend works.
- We operate a rota system for Weekends across the team.
- We are a service to our clients and we pride ourselves on our commitment to deliver! A large amount of what we implement into retail happens outside of trading store hours so that goes with the territory.
- A rewarding career and great working environment.
- Flexible approach to work-life balance.
- Support and training whenever required.
- Tea, coffee and on occasion even some cake!
£11-£13 an hour, experience depending.
If this sounds like you, then we’re interested. Drop us a CV and most importantly tell us why you’re the one for us! Careers@design4retail.co.uk